Sunday, October 19, 2008

Smith is ill, Paul is sick

We have been at Smith the past couple of days charging. At least for a
couple of kids from Juneau. Hunter has been climbing so strong. I've
been feeling it myself, and we have climbed some great routes! Today
was a "rest" day, but Hunter gave the area classic Heinous Cling a go
onsight! Bold, bold, bold. He got a ways up before getting vibed off
of the route by a pack of unfriendly kids from Tacoma. One of the
things that make climbing special is the community and support. These
kids from Tacoma need remember this. But we moved onto a phenomenal
climb called Toxic with a big dyno, or for me a crimpy sequence that
is not nearly as spectacular as the big huck. So much fun! Earlier
today we got to hang out in the fiveten van with Kevin, our contact at
fiveten. Such a nice guy. We traded t-shirts, checked out the new
shoes, and just chilled. Props to fiveten. Jessie cruised the park
and looked for routes to project and things to crush. As soon as his
shoulder is better, I'm heading back to give him a catch on Scarface.
Calling it a test piece would be an understatement. That thing is
hard, but he'll get it. Now we are just kickin' it by the fire.

1 comment:

Callan said...

Good ol' Smith Rock - I wish I was there with you guys! It will always be our original stomping grounds and the best place ever. Enjoy your Quadzilla, morning stop, the Thriftway, and of course the runouts (which I definitely don't miss). Let me know how Latin Lover goes...