Wednesday, November 5, 2008

On our way home.





















It has been a long time, and for Hunter and I it has been a really long time. We are just chillin' in the SF international hostel on fisherman's wharf. The Golden Gate is just outside the window and there is good music playing. This trip has been crazy! I look back at the pictures, and have to think, "Was I really there?". The Balance West Coast Tour is coming to a close. We left Bishop a couple of days ago after several days of perfect climbing. It gave us all a new perspective of what bouldering is and can be. A new perspective of how high you can go, what is physically possible and how spectacular a landscape can be. This trip was just a taste, but I know we are all leaving inspired. Hunter, Paul and I all have projects to go back to. Boulder problems that we really related to and connected with. I felt the starting holds of High Plains Drifter, and though I'm not strong enough now, I will be. Hunter and Paul got on the Hulk, worked the opening moves and, on their next visit, will most certainly finish it up. We met a lot of people along the way. A whole lot. We spread the good word of Balance Climbing and built connections in this great climbing community. Seriously, the climbing community is one of the finest - everyone we met was so cool and so helpful. A kid I met who was working on the Mandala (V12, and that is the only time I'll mention grades) helped me find some super easy and low fun problems around the buttermilks after giving me a tour of the area. That is real! Josh, helped us find our way around and was the best spotter a climber could have and just plain good company. All the people we met, all of the places we climbed were just beyond words. I've been using the words incredible, amazing and beautiful too much, so I'll stop typing and let you check out the pictures.

No comments: